Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blaster Sound Generator IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

altf4

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a small circuit where an LED will activate a photodiode that controls a series of gun, blaster and explosion noises. I am thinking of the 8 sounds that were popular in cheap toy guns.
Heres a youtube video of the sounds I am looking for: YouTube - Executor 8 Sound Keychain

The project is to add some sound to a roomba. Inside of the roomba there is a piezo sensor that us used to detect high concentrations of dirt. When the sensor is set off, an LED indicator turns on and the roomba drives in small circles in an attempt to better clean the area. When that LED is on I want to hear blaster noises.

There used to exist an IC by Holtek, the HT2884, that made all of these sounds. I am having a hard time finding a supplier. The manufacturer doesn't even list it on their website so I have little hope.

I did find a COB module here: **broken link removed**
They are less than $1 a piece. I don't know for sure, but the documentation makes it look like there are 8 switches, one for each sound. I would really like to be able to have just one pin that cycles through the 8 sounds. I could use a counter IC but I am trying to use the least amount of PCB area for this project as possible.

If anybody could suggest an obtainable IC for this project I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:

How about going to the local toy store and buying one of those cheap toy guns? I find a good source of these sound chips here in the US at local supermarkets and pharmacies that have a toy section... Stop&Shop, CVS, Walgreens...

I can't find a toy gun with these sounds near me. It seems they have been replaced with newer tech. I would really like to find an IC. I was hoping to turn this into a surface mount workshop for some EE students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back