Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biometric reader and timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a scenario and want to know the best possible solution.
I have a Fingerprint biometric reader and a separate buzzer.
once I give biometric input and buzzer should generate an alarm if I am not giving another input within 10 mins.

Thank you in advance for your solutions.

Hi,

you want the best solution.....but you don´t say what "the best" means for you.
For the one it is: The cheapest, the smallest, the lowest power consumption, the easiest to build as one piece, the easiest to build for millions, the one with lowest software effort, the one with lowest hardware effort, the most light weight solution, a water proof solution, a solar powered solution....and so on.
I guess you dont get a solution to fulfill all of your (to us unknown) requirements.

Basically you need some timer. Many ways to do. Mechanically, discrete solution, microcontroller solution, a cellular phone app, a PC, a PLC, internet ...

I guess the fingerprint reader is conneted to some device. We don´t know what this is.. maybe we can use it as timer, maybe not.

Without detailed informations from your side we can imagine a book full of solutions....with huge effort on our side, but only a tiny use for your side.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back