Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Binary representtion of prime numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahaju

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any way to check whether a number is prime from it's binary representation? And I do not mean the classical method of dividing the number n by numbers from 2 to n-1, but actually determining if it is a prime from it's patterns of 0's and 1's.

Here are some of the related things I have found

**broken link removed**

visualising prime numbers in binary | anjackson.net

If there is any such method I would like to write a program in C or C++ to determine if a number is prime by using it's binary representation

Thanks in advance
Smile

Well, the difference between binary and decimal is just base number and they aren't fundamentally much different. If you can't do it with decimal, you cannot do it with binary either.

Last edited:

do you know if this has been proved mathematically?

i dont think there is any method available for your help.

Nope, none that I recall reading about... On the other hand, if you pick the right base you can always represent your prime by the number 10. ;)

If you're interested in fun patterns related to primes, check out Ulam spirals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back