Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Big LED segment display module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulsetronics

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please can anyone suggest me where i can get a company where i can get a big segment display from?

The biggest I've built had digits just over 4 metres tall and used SCRs to control enough current to light it. It consumed just over 30W per segment. Is that big enough?

Brian.

The biggest I've built had digits just over 4 metres tall and used SCRs to control enough current to light it. It consumed just over 30W per segment. Is that big enough?

Brian.

betwixt where can i get that?

I had to custom design and make it. As far as I know they are not sold anywhere.
It was for a digital clock with extra segments to allow some crude letters to be added for advertizing and it went on each side of a square tower building in a city center. With all segments on it consumed around 5KW of power!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.