Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bibliography of Conical Horn antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egolas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:

I'm new in this forum. I have looking some threads and I can't find the information that I need.

Someone can recommend me any bibliography for design an optimal horn antenna? I have to design a conical horn antenna attached to a waveguide of 3.62 [mm] of Radius. It have to operate between 30-50 [Ghz].

It's only the information that the teacher gave me. And i'm a little confused with the theory.

Regards :)

Its broadband conical design if you see.
You have to design corrugated horn to achieve broadband response.
Search for the same in forum for any search engine.

In case of rectagle horn there will be ridges but for conical hors I believe you have to use corrugations.

There are also books available on the same topics.

Reactions: Egolas

Egolas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi
Ansys antenna design kit can help u to design it easily and the design is modified but this design is not with coaxial excitation

I used the antenna design kit, but I need information for discuss why I took that measures. I need the theory behind that software.

hi
u can find it formula in handbook of antenna by lee volume 2 p8-46 - p8-49

Reactions: jona1han and Egolas

V

Egolas

jona1han

That is the answer that I wanted! A lot of thanks ferdows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.