Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biasing of OPAMP - a fix without needing to generate the -3v

Status
Not open for further replies.

awan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Biasing of OPAMP

Hi;

I have a question in biasing an OPAMP. I only have +3volts supply on my circuit.

The OPAMP i am using requires +3volts and -3volts. So, do i need to generate -3volts supply for biasing? If i use 0volts instead of -3volts then my simulation is incorrect.

What is the bestway to fix this problem. Is there a fix without needing to generate the -3volts?

Thanks

Biasing of OPAMP

A few opamps work when the supply is only 3V.
Use one and bias its input at half the supply voltage (+1.5V) and capacitive-couple the signals to its input and output..

Biasing of OPAMP

please hello to all.
I want to ask about how to saturate all transistor in op amp and have a 75 db in DC gain

Re: Biasing of OPAMP

messghati said:
please hello to all.
I want to ask about how to saturate all transistor in op amp and have a 75 db in DC gain
You cannot saturate all transistors in an opamp because some are in differential and push-pull pairs.

An amplifier will not amplify if one or more of its amplifying transistors is saturated.

An opamp typically has an open-loop DC gain of 120dB so a closed-loop gain of only 75dB is easy. It will have 45dB of negative feedback.

Re: Biasing of OPAMP

you need to give more details of your application, why do you need -3v?
what op amp are you using etc...

Biasing of OPAMP

please dont see the peak values of bais, just find out the potential difference required for op-amp operation. for more clear answer plz provide more details abt the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.