Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bias network for amplifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tender_006

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai all,

i want to design some active and passive bias network for my amplifer. But dont know how to select the DC block capacitors and inductors. if someone have any artticle plz share.

waiting for ur replies!
regards,
tender

That is a good starting point

**broken link removed**

As a rule of thumb I will like also to add
Your DC blocks I assume are the coupling capacitors, well at the frequency of your operation chose a capacitor that its Impedance Zc=1/jωC is really small (1ohm for example ), however make sure that u operate below the self resonance of the capacitor. Same goes for the inductor, You want the inductor at your bias network to present a high impedance at any AC current, that means you need a high inductance value, how ever you need again to operate below self resonance.

Also Check AVX and ATC websites , they give some more information about Coupling,decoupling and DC blocks use for Capacitors.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back