Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi-directory Amplifier in Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkhicon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a device in telephone line. VoiceSignal is transmit from A to B and B to A in the same as line.
Please tell me link or schema which is discussed about Bi-directory Amplifier.

This is 70 year old technology. The device which splits the two way signals to one each one way signal is called a hybrid. They are made with two transformers with center taps.

Hi,

Look at this application note. It give a very good schematic of phone line interface :

h**p://www.midcom-inc.com/tech/tn88.htm

* = t

Hi flatulent
You say true!
But it's is 2 to 4 wires. Transmit line is difference in receive line. I need transmit and receive in the SAME line. No hibrid.
That is a technical of 21th century., I hope.

conkhicon said:
Hi flatulent
You say true!
But it's is 2 to 4 wires. Transmit line is difference in receive line. I need transmit and receive in the SAME line. No hibrid.
That is a technical of 21th century., I hope.

What you do is put these circuits back to back so that on the four wire side you have the amplifiers going in each direction. that is you split to 4 wires for the amplifiers and then back to two wires for the main line each side out.

If you are talking about SLIC (Subscriber Line Interface Circuit), you can google it and find a lot of infos.

Hi flatulent
This is theory solution!
Assume 2 branchs are A and B. When A is role Amplifier and the same time B will be a part of position feedback -> Echo -> create electric oscillation
I think that invert phases 180 degree of one of A or B -> negative feedback -> atenuation (not gain!). And in practise not exactly for invert 180 degree.
Please tell me how....

Flatulent is completely right. The problem here is to design a very good hybrid, with very high return loss. This way the echo's are very small, loop gain is lower than 1 and oscillation cannot occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.