Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way for recognizing an object(help for making a device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozeh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
i want to make a device untill recognize an object. for example: cube, sphere or etc
now, i have two sensor that they making pulse for measuring distance between sensor and object.
like this picture:

due to picture, the T4 is The width of the pulse and the T2 will change due to object.
i can recognize the object by this amounts. for this job, it just is necessary that first i put the objects one by one under the sensors and save the amounts of sensors(with the name of objects). next,
for exmaple, for recognizing an objects, i put the object under the sensors and the MCU(or processor) say me the name of that object.
the sensors is two number. the objects are 100 number. for each object i want to sampling 20 times. thus, for each object, i should save 40 amount.
which processor or microcontroller is suitable for this job? AVR, ARM based microcontroller, FPGA,...
any suggestion for do this job?

Thanks andre,
but i don't think it can help me.

rozeh,

If you consider to use cheap platforms systems based on ARM11 or CORTEX-A8, it is possible to install embedded Linux.
Under this operational system, you can install some QT C++ compiler, and can run OpenCV examples.

There are at some examples based on this library based on image enancement and shape recognition.

+++

Reactions: rozeh

rozeh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back