Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best SI tool for Package analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrak

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
si tool

hi all,

Which is the widely used SI tool or extractor for package analysis.

APD SI 620 from Cadence

SpeedXP Suite from Sigrity

Q3D/TPA from AnSoft

PakSi-E from Optimal Corporation

Please let me know whether there any other tools which does the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

sigrity speed2k

I want to know that how much can Ansoft HFSS do in Package SI analysis.

I think each tool has its strengths and weaknesses. I have experience with Sigrity tools. Speed2000 is the time-domain tool which can be used in both SI and PI analyses. Pretty unique in many aspects. It can do the whole PCB+PKG sims with consideration of all couplings btw signals and power/gnd.

Package SI Analysis

There are lot of expectations from Package SI analysis engineers,
hence there is no one tool addresses all the issues such as

1. Simulation engines required

Both Time-domain(Spice Based) Simulator and Frequency Domain (Harmonic Balance) Simulator

2.Integration of EM Simulators or RCLK Extraction Engine

3. Support of Data formats DXF/IBIS/GDSII, etc

4. Should cover wide application from Digital /Analog/RF/Microwave range...

Hence acombination of RF/Microwave Circuit tools + any of the above mentioned should be OK...Ex:

AWR SI Design Suite (http://www.appwave.com/products/si/ )+ SpeedXP Suite from Sigrity or PakSi-E from Optimal Corporation is the best suggested tool flow for Package SI analysis...

---manju---

For low freq (1GHz) we are using Q3D to extract the model and proceed to Hspice for SI analysis

For higher freq, HFSS is used to model the package and same Hspice for SI Analysis.

Latest trend/development in Ansoft Designer makes it a good alternative for full path simulation i.e. when combining package and MB in one simulation

PowerSI/Speed2K is mostly used in power integrity analysis in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back