Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Language to develop a GUI and work with USB on the PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

maujavier91

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make a project to display the data of 4 variables in a nice user-friendly interface with graphs and logging it into a file and i want to be able to use any laptop to connect to the PIC18F4550 and receive the data, i've never used the usb of the PIC18F4550 and it's a little confusing. My question is what is the best language to develop the pc software i've read that java is good but the support for usb isn't good, i only know command-line programming and pic programming but not much of object oriented programming but i'm willing to learn any suggestions?

Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the USB HID class over the CDC Class, just for simple transmision of say temperature, speed, and water level, what would be the best suited?

I use FT232RL for connection with uart.
See
May be helpful, because it's ready component for this task. With C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back