Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best circits simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

I use simulators only for Microcontrollers work.
(Simply because I know only that type of simulators so far.
:D:D
Not because of any other prejudices.)

but I know there are excellent circuit simulators for analogue and digital circuit design assistence.

Can you suggest the best or suitable software which I can use for analogue and digital circuit design.

What are its main limitations or benifits.

Some usefull guidelines in this subject please..

picstudent

in my openion
ORCAD is the best simulator for analog circuits
for digital circuits: i didn't work on it
its benfits:
you can simulate by four types of simulation
1- bias point (you can know the voltage of all nodes and the currents and power dissipated in each pranch)
2- DC analysis (varying supply voltage or any DC supply and see the result)
you can also see the diffrence in voltages and currents
3- AC analysis (varying the freq of any AC supply and see the result and you can see any ratio of any voltages and currents i.e.(gain,i/p impedence,o/p impedence,.....))
4- transient analysis (see the variation of anu signal with time and you can see if there is any distortion and any delay)

you can also varying any component value and see the results

if you finish your design and want to make layout of your circuit to implememt it on PCB you can make ORCAD do this and it can drow the traking line to you to print in on a paper to make your photolithography

you can also make any devices you want in your own library since all devices and chips in it have a standard values of sizes
i will upload to you some totorials that i wish it helps you

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i heard alot of times about ADS
what is ADS and what is the use of it and does it available on the internet freely
thx

UroBoros

Try MultiSim

photonix

UroBoros

Multisim is more intutive . Its very simple to learn aswell. You also have instrument panels that resemble actual lab equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back