Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best battery for MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepillo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best battery mp3 player

Hi all, I'm looking for a rechargeable battery for an MP3 player I'm designing.
It should be similar to the mobile phones battery, no matter how many volts (I can use a boost DC-DC converter or a LDO regulator to get the 3.3V).
Questions:
-How much can I expect to spend?
-Size?
-Connector I should use on the pcb?
-Should I use an on-board charger like the MAX1811 or an external charger taken from a mobile phone?

Thanks

best batteries to use in mp3

u can use lipo battery.u can get 3.7v per cell.and it has higher discharge current rate than nicd and nimh.

Thanks for your reply. What about the charger? Would you use an on-board charger like the max1811 or would you use an external charger from a mobile phoneo or similar? Would you use a usb-powered battery charger? Please help me improve my design!

i m using lm317 based constant current charger and then detecting the battery level with op amp.at full charging it turn off the charging but if u dont want to build urself u can buy it from net.search for lipo charger and u will find a lot of variety.
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back