Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BER of OFDM,QAM,BPSK in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleach

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bpsk ber matlab

i am new to this stuff....can anyone help me about this....

how actually to plot this ber graph from matlab....suppose to use pragramming in matlab or simulink?
can anyone show me the code to simulate this BER...

thx first....

Added after 2 hours 13 minutes:

If i already simulate a QAM-16...n count the ber ...using all those function dmoce, biterr.....

after all, if i want to plot a graph of BER vs SNR....how to do tat....
pls help!!!

THX first...

qam ofdm ber awgn

Hi bleach:

at first and for simplicity you suppose that you are simulating a BPSK transmitter and reciever and you are going to plot the BER versus SNR. so you should do these three stages :

1. you should generate a sequence of binary data which are in form of BPSK , such as this sequence {1 -1 -1 1 1 1 -1 . . .}.

2. you should combine the noise with your signal with the AWGN function if you are work with the addetive white gussian noise channel , or some complex probablity density functions if your channel is not a AWGN channel .

3. you should do a comparison between the noisy signal and the thresold level which you define for reciever ( for example for BPSK reciever the thresold level is zero ) , in this stage you should compare bit to bit and then add the non equal bit numbers and divide it to the whole of sequence length .

4. now you have the value of BER and must repeat these for some SNR to plot BER versus SNR .

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back