Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BER measurement data, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmosbjt

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
measurement of bit error rate curve

I did a testing on a BPSK receiver. The measurement data is attached. Since the measurement is kind of tricky. I am not sure if the measurement is correct. So if you look at the measurement data, and if the data is correct, do you think the receiver is bad or average? Give me some comment please.

Thanks a lot.

Hi

what do you mean with "the measurement is tricky"? It is supposed that you just count the number of erroneous bits, isn't it?

It pretty depends on the channel you are employing in your measurements, if it is only AWGN channel, it should be close to the desired curve

Sal

Hi
I have some comments:
1) The slope of measurment and theory curve are the same. So I think your receiver perform correctly.
2) The gap between measurment and theory curve is large. I think this is not true in simple modulator like BPSK.
3) For improving your measurment, you should be careful about your channel and your testing method.
4) Whats your carrier frequency? Whats the type od demodulation? Is it coherent or noncoherent?

cmosbjt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.