Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

beginning with electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

heng7500

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am am very interested in learning electronics. in the future, I want to be able to build things (like arduinos, and similar things with microcontrollers). I am currently in a post secondary program for computer programming, and would like to teach myself about electronics. I am looking for a book to get me started. I already know the very basics, like voltage, current, resistance, etc. trouble is, the vast selection on Amazon is confusing. i don;t know if i should be getting a book on beginning electronics, digital electronics, integrated circuits, microcontrollers or analog circuits... do they even mean the same thing?

your help is greatly appriciated!

Heng7500

I would suggest begin with "Basic Electronics" by Floyd

Here is probably the easiest site to understand on the web: **broken link removed**. It has interactive circuits; video tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/TEAHLAB which they have on youtube; and very easy to read articles.

I use it a lot! it even has an online circuit board where you can build and simulate your own circuit.

when I found **broken link removed** I was about to give up. so you should really check it out.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.