Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battry charger, battery leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

behranghm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone

it's been months i have been busy designing a battery based system, and for the sake of simplicity i had chosen to use an old version of 3310 NOKIA batteries along with it's charger, when i was almost done with the rest of the circuit, i thought to look at the output of the NOKIA battery charger, and i almost had a stroke!
because instead of the nice and smooth DC output i was expecting to see, all i could see on the scope was a half wave sine!
1) now! can anyone tell me what i should do with this sine wave to make it charge the battery?i am looking for some accurate design that would work.
2)i have another problem: the battery has 4 leads, i know from which pins it should be connected to the circuit to supply the 3.3V VCC of the circuit, but i don't know to which leads of the battery and how i should connect the charger!
these batteries so sensitive, they might be easily damaged or even expolde!

:cry:

the battery charger dont give a smooth dc output usually.U can check it.the battery charging have several stage:constant current ,constant voltagev..

in constant current period ,the current curve is smooth but voltage not...

I dont know if i make the point.

Reactions: zubi

zubi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.