Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery reverse protection circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all,
I am urgently in need of a battery (CR2032) reverse protection circuit.
Any reference circuit i can refer to?
Thanks.

T. Cam

Usually for standard battery i use diode ( like 1n4148/1n4001) paralel with its polarity. anoda to minus polarity while katoda to positif polarity....
(+) --
_|_
/\ diode
|
(-) ---

But if u use CR2032 ...i don't know....

Look this:

**broken link removed**

The circuit in revbat.pdf was designed for a device powered from a single 1.5 volts button cell battery. However, the circuit will operate with higher voltages as well.

For battery based application loss and standby current is more importatnt, especially for the mentioned one which has only 3.6 volt with may be small AH. Also I am wondering about this app from maxim, do we have extra power for that circuit!

Yes you are true. In this type of application power lost is importante, and this device current consumption is 0.001uA (typ) and 1uA (max) more leakege current at input pins, but I'm just suggest sollutions. If tcam think that power lost is big for his application he will simply ignore this suggestion.

As Elits said, use a diode.
Instead of an 1N4148 or 1N4001 which have a voltage drop (Forward Vd) of 0.6-0.7 volts, you can use the BAT85 or a simillar one with a lower Vd.
This lead to a lower reverse voltage accross your circuit supply lilnes.

This is the easiest method.

h**p://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/ArticleID/6166/6166.html

Status
Not open for further replies.