Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basics of electronics circuits-twoport network and s-parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikss42

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i want to learn two port network and s-parameter.but while i am studying in book that is not easy for me.so can anyone give idea for understanding both.

Last edited:

Hello Karthik

as beginner it sounds as thick as two short planks,but its very easy.there are two parameters that you have to remember.

Transmission and reflection parameters(transmission s12 ans s21) reflection(s22 and s11). s12 is the power that is transmitted with respect the total power,s11 power that is reflected to the total power. and same for port 2.

cut down the math first and look at it this way and then you will be able figure it out fairly easily.google up s-parameters there is a nice presentation from polar instruments check it out.

Regards
Rotmanlens.

..this is very useful for me.....thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back