Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basics for a Digital engineer to design analog Ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

write2rammy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am basically from digital background. But now I have shifted to analog circuit design. Can anyone suggest me tutorials and other stuff which could help me in designing analog ckts. I have already read many analog books (allen, John & Martin ..etc). I am very good in theoretical approach.. But when coming to designing a real ckt, I am not fully confident. I can design all the building blocks stand alone. eg an amplifier, filter, etc. But when it comes to a complete system i feel difficult. For instance which is better to use as feedback current or voltage ? Also a Wilson current mirror is a shunt-series feedback ckt. But looking at a circuit like this I cannot easily find what is fedback. Moreover why is there a necesity of both current and voltage reference. we all know that V=IR. so if have a reference current and pass it to a resistor, can't we get a referenced voltage.
Please suggest some books r tutorials which explain more in practical aspects.

The chief difference between analog and digital, is that analog is a blend of science and art, while digital pretty much follows the rules all the time. To get some of the "art" under your belt, you need to get in a lab and play with stuff. Get a protoboard, and some low frequency analog IC's and devices, and make up simple circuits.

**broken link removed**

After blowing up a bunch of cheap circuits, and seeing things oscillate and not work for various obscure reasons, you will be well on the way.

http://www.discovercircuits.com/list.htm

What biff44 says is very true. Practice

Unfortunately most universities these days don’t offer much in the line of hard core analog design courses, and concentrate more on digital design because it is cheaper to set up digital labs. Also not many students think they need to know good analog design skills, because digital is king.

The Art of Electronics by Horowitz & Hill is one of the few practical electronics books I have come across. Otherwise you have to try things, experiment and analyse any circuit designs you come across.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.