Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Basic help in figuring bias in current sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

eedum

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Meant to post in analog IC forum so marking as solved as I don't see a way to delete the thread.

I'm trying to self learn some of the basic concepts using Holbergs and Allens book, but I'm now completely stuck on this one thing and must be missing something basic. I was hoping you guys would be willing to help. I found another source online that has the same structures that I will reference.

I can find vout and the Vg values just fine, but struggling with how to find the vds and have it match what they have put on the circuits. The two in question are:

1. Figure 6 and transistors M4 and M2.
2. Figure 8 and transistors M4 and M2.

Any help in explaining what basic thing or relationship I'm missing to solve this would be helpful. Please remember I'm just learning.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.