Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic doubts regarding CAN controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

embpic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am refering MCP2510 CAN controller and going to implement this. I have some doubts as
1. how the massage is received on reception that is from which procedure does it go?(receive buffer,acceptance fillter)??
2. whether can controller checked the identifier field in receiver buffer or it checked in acceptance filter mask?
3. and how single can controller can receiver multiple massage of different identifier? is it use acceptance filter for different identifier?
4. whether architecture shown in mcp2510 is same as other CAN controller's.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the advantage and disadvantages of use can instead of rs-485.

ok i have clear this my doubts and i have one new doubts that when we are transmitting with node named as 0x0A and to node 0X0B. if 0x0A is sending then is it necessory of sending RTR frame from 0x0B to trasmitter node 0x0A.

Status
Not open for further replies.