Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic doubt on flyback converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
one basic question ..regarding Flyback converter used for dc to dc conversion using isolation transfomer. My doubt is transformer cannot allow dc to flow from one side to the other side. In that case how it will do the dc to dc conversion.

Regards
Mitr

- - - Updated - - -

I think that in the flyback topology we will connect a Mosfet to the primary side of the transformer where the gate of the MOSFET is controlled through PWM controller which turn on and off with switching frequency which produces the changing current (like AC) which through magnetic coupling (mutual inductance ) will produce emf and current on the secondry side of the transformer based on the turns ration. Thus how the DC voltage on the secondry side will be prodcued . Is my understanding correct?

DC-DC conversion means that the input is a DC at certain voltage & current, and output is also a DC at some different voltage & current capability.
Thats all. What "flows" between input and output is the power, but at different DC voltage levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.