Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bang-bang phase detector, What is the meaning "bang-bang"?

Fun-King

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bang-bang phase detector or Alexander phase detector, What is the meaning of "bang-bang"?

i hope my analogy brought a smile

I agree but I dont see Ahmad's name is going to happen except perhaps posthumously ... born 1944

Can you list the top facts and stats about Nasir Ahmed (engineer)?

1. Nasir Ahmed is an Indian-American electrical engineer and computer scientist.
2. He was born in India in 1944.
3. Ahmed received his Ph.D. from Stanford University in 1970.
4. He is known for his contributions to digital signal processing (DSP).
5. Ahmed co-authored the book "Digital Signal Processing: A Computer-Based Approach."
6. He has over 50 patents related to DSP technology.
7. Ahmed has received numerous awards, including the IEEE Jack S. Kilby Signal Processing Medal.
8. He served as a professor at the University of Texas at Austin for over 30 years.
9. Ahmed is a fellow of the IEEE and the National Academy of Inventors.
10. His research has had significant impact on telecommunications and multimedia technologies.

Likewise I don't expect Caro Lucas Father of Fuzzy Logic in Tehran to become posthumously famous after he developed at Berkeley.

Who was Alexander? An engineer at MOT or NSC that created the 1st PLL chip ??

PU/PD

You will find appendix references, to Alexander's paper in 1975 and Bogge's paper in this recent article . I have never hear of either , yet I recall designing these PLL's in the late 70's myself then NSC or TI or MOT came out with the CMOS version of the TTL PLL.

1683903119421.png

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: