Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandstop stripline filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dch316

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I'm looking for a stripline configuration of a very narrow band bandstop filter. I had a look at Microwave Filters, Impedance Matching and Coupling Structures - (Matthei) but there is only one design. Can anybody give me some suggestions?
more detailed, the filter should reject 2.047 GHz and should allow to pass with less than 0.1 dB insertion loss 2.223 GHz. I suppose the filter will require a high order, won't it?
thank u all in advance
regards

You should check
RF CIRCUIT Design Theory and Applications Ludwig Bretchko and RF_DESIGN_GUIDE_Peter_Vizmuller

A high order Butterworth or Chebyslev filter design should be what you need, but at the frequency band that you are working a couple microstrip line filter could be a good idea.

Gupta-Microstrip Lines And Slotlines

dch316

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you gorilla,
the thing is that I am restricted to use stripline (triplate) and not microstrip. As all substrates are lossy I haven't been able to find any interdigital stripline filter design with less than 1 dB of insertion loss, taking into account that I need a 20 dB rejection at 2.047, and that frequency is so close to 2.223 so high order is a must.
Perhaps it is not possible and I should use a cavity filter or just reject 10 dB instead of 20. I will try.
thank u anyway
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.