Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass filter and awr ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic87

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys

im working on microwave bandpass filter using awr microwave office
i worked on center frequency = 6ghz using fr4 substrate and as we knw its very lossy material. i just wanted to practice on .

now the substrate available is fr4 so i ill go for 1.6 ghaz
i tried to calculate the lower n upper frequencies
which they are upper =2.4, and lower = 0.8 ghz

i used the wizards in microwave office and by choosing the coupled line method bt it says ''an umexpexted COM exception occured during schematic generator

and i dont unerstand why ???

anyone recommending hairping method to design the filter bt needs loots of calculations ???

and im not sure about the elements function when we wants to change them from the original circuit ?? the junction n bends and how do we decide which one is better for our design and why ??

Added after 3 minutes:

check the attachment plz

Hello,

Yes, FR4 is not good for your High Frequency filter.. Try alumina (Er 9.8)...

There are good books on Filter Design & also synthesis works with AWR Microwave Office...

Text book:

J.-S. G. Hong and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip filters for

RF/microwave applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,

• References:

G. Mattaei, L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave

filters, impedance matching networks, and coupling

structures, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1980.

• Filter Synthesis Software

Nuhertz Filter Solutions
**broken link removed**

It also interfaces to Sonnet Lite Free Electromagnetic Simulation software for your
distributed filter simulation...
http://www.sonnetsoftware.com/products/lite/index.html

---manju---

hello

first, thanks aloot for passing by my topic

but i would like to comment on ur answer,
i tried simulating with changing the conductor material from copper to alumina and it did work with changing the junctions from the default setting

i still want to use fr4 coz its only one that is available to build it on .

i ill try to play around with the circuit n hopes get some good results

many thanks .. and waiting for more comments

I would have to agree that FR4 should be avoided for most filters design. Its too lossy and too variable.

There are quite a few inexpensive laminates available such as Taclam TLC and TLE series which will give much better results.

Here is an article on how to design printed filters using AWR/MWO: **broken link removed**

For the lowest loss filters, metals such as brass and aluminium (preferably silver plated) and air are the materials of choice!
[/url]

hi...i would like to ask..can i make a modify to my bandpass filter layout such as to crop their shape by using AWR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back