Not open for further replies.

dragon_03

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CFA

i want to design bandpass active filter Current feedback (CFA) with the center frequency 50MHZ by using sallen-key topology.

i would like to know which OP amp i have to use and its possible to increase the center frequency to 100MHZ

Re: CFA

dragon_03 said:
i want to design bandpass active filter Current feedback (CFA) with the center frequency 50MHZ by using sallen-key topology.
i would like to know which OP amp i have to use and its possible to increase the center frequency to 100MHZ

As indicated by you (name of the topic) a CFA type seems to be appropriate with a UGB of at least 700...800 MHz.
Concerning the second question, do you mean frequency tuning or fixed design?

dragon_03 said:

You cannot put reactive components (capacitors or inductors) in the feedback of current feedback amps.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
You cannot put reactive components (capacitors or inductors) in the feedback of current feedback amps.
Keith.

Hi keith,

I am afraid you have overlooked the fact that in Sallen-Key (S+K) structures the CFA is used as a noninverting amplifier without any capacitive feedback. The S+K topology is the only one which allows CFA`s .

My mistake. Thanks. Sorry if I caused any confusion to anyone.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
My mistake. Thanks. Sorry if I caused any confusion to anyone.

Keith.

Don't mention it.
Regards

I must admit, when I get to 50MHz or above I would probably be looking at passive LC filters, but it depends on the applications.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:

I must admit, when I get to 50MHz or above I would probably be looking at passive LC filters, but it depends on the applications.

Keith.

Yes, I agree - 50...100 MHz are rather high for active filtering. However, it`s possible with high performance CFA`s or OTAs.
vW

i would like to know which "current feedback OP AMP" work at high frequency
:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.