Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandgap with ground current is 1uA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

letan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need design a bandgap with ground current is 1uA, i use tech TSMC0.25um. Who can help me?

Be more specific. What do you want to know? What did you know already?

bandgap is so common in recent IC design.

I think you need to review them first.

first u go through the text book analog cmos design by ken martin

set the operation in subthreshold

do you need a small ground current to avoid supply dependence?

Yes, i need a ground current with standby condition is 1uA. I am going to design a LDO. Who can show me the papers with CMOS Bandgap? or the circuit?
Please, help me. Thanhks.

Design a stand-by circuit which can turn-off the current mirror and hence give you a very low current...

Where's the problem here... sorry I am unable to understand your problem clearly.. It would help if you could clearly explain the whole problem in detail...

My bandgap with ground current in no load condition(or standby) is 1uA.

your question is not clear enough,can you specify it?the schematic of your circuit is important.
the current of the bandgap reference which can be regulated by the resistor or the width vs length of the mosfets depends on the structure you introduced.it can be abtained easily by adjust the current mirror.1uA is not small enough for the low power design ,especially in the field of power management.You can get easilly.

Added after 50 seconds:

your question is not clear enough,can you specify it?the schematic of your circuit is important.
the current of the bandgap reference which can be regulated by the resistor or the width vs length of the mosfets depends on the structure you introduced.it can be abtained easily by adjust the current mirror.1uA is not small enough for the low power design ,especially in the field of power management.You can get easilly.

I need a bandgap for my LDO with:
Vin range 3v -> 6v
Vout = 1.2v
In standby condition, quiescent current of bandgap is 1uA.
This is my bandgap circuit.

Quiescent current of bandgap is 1uA means bandgap'power consumption ?
Try to lower your W/L more again and hope you luck.

ground current is 1uA, then what's your resistance value ? i think it will be over 1M? isnot that too large ?

Did you need to power up the bandgap circuit during standby? I guess your specification is not necessary to power up. The only consumption maybe be due to the startup ciruit once you cut off the bandgap circuit.

The current through R1 is I1=VTln10/R1,because of you 1uA sypply, I give is as 0.25uA, so the value of R1 is 239M. And also change the valu of R0 and R2.

you resistor is very small!

Status
Not open for further replies.