Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

balun....simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

naumanhbk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!
i am designing a balanced antenna just like dipole which is fed from the center. i need to design a balun to feed the antenna with aport of 50 ohm impedance.
can anyone tell me some thing about this..
i have no ideaa.
thanx

A 1:1 balun can be made from two sections of transmission line. One is 3 lambda/4, the other is lambda/4. Of for a 4:1 balun, use a single section of transmission line of lambda/2 in length. You can Google these. If the frequency is too low to make transmission line practical, then a transformer on a ferrite can be used.

You did not ask about HFSS. I don't know if you are trying to simulate something in HFSS. In that case, I'd be interested in what you get, as this is something I did once think about, but decided it was too much effort to make the coax and link it back on itself.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back