Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR X-Copy Final Step – Amiga Floppy Disk Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

X-Copy is a well-known among users of Amiga computers program for copying floppy disks. The aim of presented device is to make a copy of the floppy disk, the result is stored as a disk image on the SD card. The image is stored in ADF format, it can be used in Amiga UAE emulator. Despite the ADF, there are also two other files stored: LOG – text file with the history of events and SFV (Simple File Vertification) – text file with the control sum CRC32.
Arduino MEGA with Atmega 1280 microcontroller was base for this project. The device is made in the form of additional boards (shields).

To read the floppy disks, a standard floppy drive 3,5 inch was used (tested on the NEC FD1231H and SAMSUNG SFD-321B). The software was written in Bascom and it has Assembler inserts. After compilation, the batch has 20,5kB.

Link to original thread (attachment) – AVR X-Copy Final Step ;) Amiga Floppy Disk Reader

I've build it and only had some trouble with finding the right fuses of the Arduino Atmega 2560 board.
Also there was a little bug on line 45 in the Author's BASCOM-Avr program that kept it from going.
[just remove the &H before Dim Ram(&H8000) to get it working !].

Thomasz Sadzikowski did a hell of a job to make this fine piece of hardware on an Arduino Board !
The only thing it still can't do is of course read protected discs, for instance Nibbled ones. But furthermore it works great !

I translated everything from the original in Polish to a correct English BASCOM-Avr version and when someone is interested they can contact me. And if Edaboard grants me to upload it on their internet pages I gladly will do so !

(av.bemmelen@hotmail.com)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.