Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Register Summary Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeanand

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am learning AVR microcontroller in my embedded system class and while going through the datasheets in the register summary section I am stumbled at one concept.

In the register summary for Addresses $20 to $5F are given in brackets while all the other top addresses do not have a corresponding bracket addresses.

What do these Bracket addresses mean and in which instruction should i be using them.

PS: What I understood through observation is that all ports have been mapped to this address space.. so When accessing ports which address should i use the bracketed or the others.

Last edited:

The addresses are assigned to different registers. There are special function registers and general purpose registers. The special functions are used for peripherals and memory functionality while the general purpose of open blocks of memory for your use. I am not sure which the bracket represents but if you review the datasheet it should say what it is allocated to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back