Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Project...Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeQueNceR

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mahmoud Darweash...Geomatics and Remote Sensing Dep.

my graduation Project has a small Hardware Part.. which is far of my speciallity so i'm confused in this part... soo please help

i'm using the AVR90S8515

all i need a hardware which can

1- Interface with Serial (UART)
2- Drive a DC Motor in Bidirectional way
3- Read From a Limit Switch

i could develop the assembly of this project .. i'm just confused in the hardware design.... ca any one draw me a schematic with the componenets i may need ??:( and the circuit diagram for it ??

i'm really thankful to you

interfacing AVR with computer,see the code
**broken link removed**

For driving motor in both directions use H-bridge
**broken link removed**

For Limit switch,make on port of AVR for input(let's be PORTC) DDRC=0x00; Connect switch to PortC and read switch status using int a, a=PORTC.

bibin john
www.bibinjohn.tk

I use Codevision and it has a wizard.
its very easy to program with it.

the port some time Read Logic On while no Voltage is applied ...how can i Solve This !!:(

did you enable some sort of pullup on the pin or not? if you leave it floating, it will pickup some false signals...

i used this ciurcit as a pull up to extract Nosie .... but i still have noise .... when i used it for one Pin it worked ... when i repeated this Block 8 Times not all worked correctly .... the code i'm using to test is

Code:
.include"m8515def.inc"
.def temp = r16

.org $000
rjmp start

start:

ldi temp,$00
out ddra,temp

ldi temp,$ff
out ddrb,temp

ldi temp,$00
sei

main_loop:

in temp,pina
out portb,temp

rjmp main_loop

i'm using Atmega 8515

thanks in advance ... i'm online on Mahmoud_Darweash@MSN.com ... i'll be happy if any one Conacted me Online this will be easier ....

thanks

Hai

If the wires are long then it will pick up some noise, glitches, switching noise from power line and all. So use a filter. (.1 mfd).

I personally advise to have the switch in the other side. i.e. between port pin and ground. That will give you more noise immunity.

Regards
Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.