Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

---> AVR Programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsina

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avr programming problem

Hi,
Last time i worked with ATMEGA32 I Accidently Programmed my Chip (in ISP mode) Wrong and
i Disabled the SPI Enable fuse Bit and i think I had programmed my Fuse bit Wrong that i Can't Program
(read or Write )My chip any more(i checked it with ISP Programmer).

Is there any solution To Change My fuse bits and unlock the chip and make it usable for further programming .
Some One told Me Programming ATMEGA32 in High Voltage Parallel Mode will Help me to Change the fuse bits .is it possible ? If So Please Send the schematic and software.

Thnx

Hello!
That is right. u can enable the serial mode by programming the microcontroller in parallel mode. I made the same mistake with ATmega8. I worte a program for Pic16F877 and reenabled the serial mode of programming by only reprogramming the fuses of ATmega8. Just read the pdf of the controller, write a program for 8051 or any other controller and reprogram the fuses(remember just the fuses,no need to program the whole microcontroller).
Regards.

Setting the ISP fuse on an AVR can only be done via "High Voltage Parallel Mode".

Search on the net for STK-500 or AVRISP schematics.

Or maybe the words "AVR High Voltage Parallel Mode"

Remember if you FSCK'ed up your internal oscilator settings you have to apply external clock to the AVR.

/Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.