Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Development Board, where to get one and which one (Hello Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahim03

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AVR Development Board, where to get one and which one

I used to be a hobbyist and an enthusiast in electronics during my student days, made many DIY projects and participated in a few exhibitions and contests even but somehow I couldnt continue my hobby in my professional life. Now after a few years my passion for electronics has been rekindled. I have salvaged most of my equipment lost in the cupboards and dusted them off. Seem to have forgotten alot of things too but its coming back gradually.

So, long story short, lots of things have changed in these last few years. I used to program my AVR microcontrollers via a DIY home made ISP parallel port programmer but the problem is that I no longer have a PC with a parallel port anymore. I have a USB to serial converter and a USB to printer converter (doesnt work as a parallel port). So now i was thinking of buying a development board for AVR, just for learning and making different hobby projects. A few searches on the forum revealed that stk500 seems like a good option, its not very expensive and Atmel's own board but the stk500 is quite old and its connection to PC is via a serial port. Is this board still a good option or are there any better boards for AVRs. Please give your suggestions for different development boards for AVR.

Also there is the issue of availability of these boards, where I live development boards are not available from the local market so I will have to find them from an online store or ebay (If I can find a cheap one on ebay that would be great) but so far i havent been able to find any reliable or well known online store which sells development boards. Please suggest any good and reliable online store which sells AVR development boards (and other electronics equipment).

Last edited:

Anyone? Help plz.
Which Avr board to get and from where?

Common guys, I will realllllly appreciate any help or suggestions in this matter.

https://extremeelectronics.co.in/

The above link has all you are interested in, particularly the development board and programmer.
I have used these products and am satisfactorily using those, it is not expensive and available in India (if you are from India).
There are other online sources however I found it to be comfortable as they have tutorials and supply related components online and the service is OK, you may try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back