Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR and Microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirok

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i learn AVR? How should i start ?

Also get yourself registered to AVR Forum "avrfreaks.net". You will find lots of people ready to solve your issues related with AVR microcontrollers.

Reactions: pirok

pirok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you all friends :)

On EDABoard you will always get help, there is a lots of people ready to help.

My suggestion is to start with MicroC and AVR Studio as developing environment.

Make or buy AVR programmer, which will cover lots of µC from AVR serie in beginner categorie, such as USBasp programmer.

If there is possibility get or buy good AVR development board, that will help you a lots, and will speed up learning and developing of projects.

pirok

Yep i should Buy AVR programmer
I am very gratefule for your help, thanks a million :)

- - - Updated - - -

why don't u use PIC? it's great and have a lot of support...

If he use PIC then someone will showup and say why dont use AVR? :)

Hmm maybe u are right but PIC is better and well-supported. It's easy to work with also...

Anyway, both ones are good. It's just a matter of choices.

Agree with that.

I use both PIC and AVR, AVR have lower price for uC, but PIC have better support.

If he knows to use AVR he will know and PIC.

Agree with that.

I use both PIC and AVR, AVR have lower price for uC, but PIC have better support.

because u used PIC, how can I measure AC voltage with it? I have 2 ways:

1- reduce 350vp to 5vp using voltage divider then rectify it... now in code: v= v_adc/sqrt2.
2- reduce ac signal to 2.5vp then add +2.5v dc offset, after this sampling the signal in code. << this one I don't know how to do it.

gimme your opinion about this... I imagine it's the same in PIC and AVR.

This is not so much linked with choice between PIC or AVR its more linked with ADC design.

Trafo 220V to 6V - Rectifier - Cap - Volt Divider - Zener 5.1 - ADC input

You can search existing EDABoard threads about that.

Last edited:

pirok

Agree with that.

he or she? ;)) i only want to start learning no matter which one is better , when i get familier i will choose :))

he or she? ;)) i only want to start learning no matter which one is better , when i get familier i will choose :))

It doesn't really matter. If availability and price aren't issues, just pick one and learn it well. Whichever you choose will be able to do what you want and what the other can, if you can make it. So, just master the one you pick.

pirok

It doesn't really matter. If availability and price aren't issues, just pick one and learn it well. Whichever you choose will be able to do what you want and what the other can, if you can make it. So, just master the one you pick.

I totally agree with you , thank you for the answer :))

Status
Not open for further replies.