Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Traffic Light System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliet

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
automatic traffic light system

I want to design a Automatic Traffic Light System, which should detect the crowd of vahicles on the particular side. e.g there is no vehicle on one side then it should not waste the time on swithing the green signal ON for that side....... Plz help me

automatic traffic light

you shoul dhave sensors to detect traffics...?? what kind of design ur lookin for ?? controller based or FPGA/PLD based ? Do u have analog circuitry ready ?

automatic traffic light

You can place IR sensors, they will detect the crowd.
I have schematics if you want.

traffic light schematic

can you share IR schematic?
usually in the street there are a 4 tourn loop under the lane and a inductive sensor

scat traffic light system

you can use "imageprocessing technic" and this system use CCD camera.

is more expensive methode, inductive sensor have a cost of €80

You can use an IR sensor for each lane, place it above the lane. When a car pass, it will refelect the IR to the sensor. Take this signal to a comparator, then you can use the output as you wnat.

Tell me for IR sensors schematic

Automatic Traffic Light System, which should detect the crowd of vehicles on the particular side. e.g there is no vehicle on one side then it should not waste the time on swithing the green signal ON for that side

There are already some traffic light systems in use that do this with loop sensors in the road. They sometimes do not detect bicycles so cyclists wait at red lights for a long time.

You need to know the SCAT and SCOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.