Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio splitter/duplicater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rostfrei

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!

I'm sure the answer to my question is somewhere out there, but I really don't know under what phraze I should search.
I have the following problem: I have a sound card with only one output, so if I want to use headphones or speakers I constantly have to change cables. What passive (or active) circuit would be needed to "duplicate" audio output with minimum signal loss and the right impedance (4 ohms)? That way I could have speakers and headphones pluged to the same output all the time.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

regards,
Rostfrei

Try passive splitter. Use stereo plug and two jacks. Connect them parallel. If it fails you should use active distribution amplifier.

hi
you can use active filter to split the frequency of left and right spekares
and you can use any amplifier after that
thank you

As Borber said use passive splitter, just a 1 to 2 output, headphones have a 1kOhm impedance. Compared with 4 Ohms from speakers is nothing.
Another way is to use an adapter (comercial) that disconect the speakers each time you conect headphones.

Thank you guys for all the sugestions, but some electronic schemes of realizating this would be great!

Regards,
Rostfrei

Status
Not open for further replies.