Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Processing for PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilone

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all: I'm a newbie to audio processing. Does anyone here know about the audio
processing algorithm used for PC (like in the Sound Card for example) ? My current
task is to decode the audio information coming from the internet or local harddisk and then send the decoded bitstream to a microphone. It's something like a sound card, but it need no high quality. Please give me some suggestions and acvices.
Thanks a lot.

Hi
ur question is strange... you cant send the bitstream to the MIC(did u mean spaeker) however u will need somthing like DAC to play bitstream please give more info.
goodluck

Hi, matrixanov: Thanks for your reply.
What I really want to know is the audio processing algorithm used for the Sound Card. You know that sound cards used in PC are usually PCI based, but I'm now designing an embedded system which may use no PCI bus. The functionaility of audio signal processing may be implemented with CPLD and CPU and DAC...
I have no such experience before, please tell me the outline of the design.

Maybe not exactly what you are after, but have a look at this project (software included):

**broken link removed**

and about codec IC, the UDA1344:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.