Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio equipment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulaz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have that system lying around gathering dust... speakers seem powerful but it isnt 5.1 output..

i would like to have this hooked up to the computer to make it a 5.1 system or 7.1 system.

how do i go about doing that?

i have a HTPC with DG45ID motherboard.

how do i make the best use of these speakers?

is this what i need to get the speakers working with the pc?

**broken link removed**

this mhc-rv8 is 7000W system... is that good enough to power this?

probably need this amp? **broken link removed**

i need to match all the specs with those of the speakers before making purchases... impendance ohms etc... not too clever with that...

could use some help here

Last edited by a moderator:

The link at the top of your post doesn't work, so we can't see the speakers.

How many speakers are there? Is there anything written on them - power, impedance, etc?

Last edited:

There's enough speakers for a 4.1 system. You can't use it for 5.1 or 7.1 without buying more speakers.

The easiest solution is to use the MHC-RV8 as it is. You can connect the audio output from the PC to the main unit of the MHC-RV8. There's sockets on the back for that.

The user manual is here, in case you don't have one.

Your eBay links don't work either, so we can't see what you want to use with it.

There's enough speakers for a 4.1 system. You can't use it for 5.1 or 7.1 without buying more speakers.

The easiest solution is to use the MHC-RV8 as it is. You can connect the audio output from the PC to the main unit of the MHC-RV8. There's sockets on the back for that.

The user manual is here, in case you don't have one.

Your eBay links don't work either, so we can't see what you want to use with it.

how do i use this as a 4.1? it accepts only RCA....

thanks for the manual the link is **broken link removed**

To connect the MHC-RV8 to the PC, you need a cable with 2 RCA connectors on one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other end. You can plug the jack into either the headphone socket or the L+R line level output of the PC.

If you want proper 5.1 with a decoder like you showed, you'll have to buy extra amplifiers and another speaker. Not worth it, IMO.

To connect the MHC-RV8 to the PC, you need a cable with 2 RCA connectors on one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other end. You can plug the jack into either the headphone socket or the L+R line level output of the PC.

If you want proper 5.1 with a decoder like you showed, you'll have to buy extra amplifiers and another speaker. Not worth it, IMO.

ok in that case ill drop the idea.. i'm mainly interested in listening to mp3 music.. should i buy a 5.1 system or 2.1 or 2.0 system? inside of $150-$200.

Status
Not open for further replies.