Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATX converter board (for XBOX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diefartdie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ive searched high and low for all the information i can about the following project and yet I still am not positive it is 100% correct yet.

As some of you may or may not know, the original XBOX uses a standard 20-pin (earlier ones used 10) ATX connector but moves some of the standard pinouts around and also requires some changes to the PWK/PWON signal...sort of.

This schematic:
atx2xbox_zpsae19b177.gif

Shows how to take the ATX standard pinouts and turn them into the XBOX required pinouts ONLY for the pins which require voltage/polarity changes.

But it doesnt show you the routing of the different pins from ATX to XBOX. For instance ATX pin 14 is PWON but on the XBOX pin 14 is GND. So I wanted a PCB to take in ATX, and spit out XBOX ATX with the circuits and rerouting to each pin on a PCB.

This is my circuit:
hsnkhd_zps9db2968c.jpg

My solution is a right angle ATX input to accept a PICOPSU and, mirrored on the bottom with EAGLECAD, a standard 20 pin ATX connector that when I build the board will actually be a female ATX extender Ive yanked the wires from and inserted PCB pins. This way I will have a PCB with a direct insertion into the ATX on the XBOX motherboard and the spacing on the PCB will be correct. Kind of like a daughter card I suppose. Molex actually doesnt make a female PCB piece, only male. This is my solution to that problem.

Ive worked with EAGLE before and had great luck printing my own PCBs, so I am hoping to get this one right the first time and not realize later I have the connector backwards in EAGLE making all the wiring completely wrong.

So...did I mess anything up yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back