Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Attractive good looking schematic. Which software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I came across few beautifully designed schematics in EPE magazine. I was curious to know what kind of software they use to create some really cool looking schematics. Mikroe.com too has some really good looking schematics.

I have used orcad and proteus. But I doubt if that is possible in any of them. Though u can import images and stuff in ISIS capture

All CAD packages are a tool, the quality of the designs and the output is dependent on the quality of the input, libraries, etc from the user.
The first thing I do with any set up is strip out everything that comes with the packge, then set it up from the scratch, setting amonst other things, units (always metric), line widths, text (typeface, sizes etc), libraries (IPC-2512-a for schematic symbols, IPC-7351 for component footprints and orientation), etc etc.
Then you can tailor the LOOK of your designs and you have complete control.
I have set up systems where a company has moved from one schematic package to another, and had to tailor the new package so the output looks exactly the same as the old package, so dont worry about which package they use, its what you put into it that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back