Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEL to PIC code converter ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutevaggil

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic to atmel convertor

hi all.

i wonder, is there a software that can convert mc codes one to another?

i mean, for example, converting ATMEL codes to PIC ones or vice versa.

is it possible? if yes, how?

thanks in advance.

convert atmel code to pic

i dont think that such program will exist

atmel assembler to c converters

i dont think so .Because of architectural.But maybe with c it might be possible.

Hai

I havn't seen such one...

Even porting C porgram to PIC is not so easy

Nandhu

it is might be possible in high level languages but with small modifications

but in assembly i dont think so

it is might be possible in high level languages

I don't think it's possible even from c because pic use different library from that of atmel.

from the graph theory point of view is always possible to do that ..But from the comercial point of view i don't see a BIG NEED for it !

Intel used to provide that type of migrating tool from the 8051 to 80196 16 bit line of micros ..But there was a market strategy

there used to be a software at:
h**p://www.kanda-systems.com/
though I never used it, but recently its seems their website is not working you could try:
h**p://www.ipass.net/hammill/newavr.htm

i am always wandring about those people like you
are you so lazy to transfer the code your self
imho if such a software is avialable and you used thats mean you aren'gt embedded designer you are embedded lazy how use others work in other processor

if the program is in C then it is to convert ....... just change the bits and bytes assignments

I think that even if you get Atmel to PIC convertor , but you have to check I/O port of base MCU and modified MCU.
If you program in C you no need to use convertor, you just change port setting. And comply in Keil for Atmel, MPLAB for PIC.
But if you program in ASM I think you can use ASM to C convertor to get C code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back