Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega32l !!!!! (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish sharma

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unlock cksel=1111

hi friends

Actually my problem is concerned with programming atmega32l (not atmega32) on stk500 .

the tools i am using are: winavr with avrstudio4 (ide) version 1.3 build 460
I would like to state the problem in detail relying on the fact that atmega32l is supported on stk500.

The bug is that when i try to change the fuse bits settings of the controller it doesnt enter in the programming mode..... while using isp mode.. however if i change the stk500 osc freq (under board tab) and isp freq then at some higher target voltage and reference voltage (more than the specified voltages of atmega32l in the data sheet) it works!

also i am able to get into programming mode using highvoltage seriel mode.but again it doesnt program and verify the fuse bits settings..

but at the specified voltages (on which i ought to develope ) of the atmega32l and in isp mode i am unable to change fuse/ lock settings and hence to download my file to my target.

So, you are requested to please comment in this case and if possible send some reference material along, specifically about fuse bit settings on atmega32l.This would surely help

Regards

Is that avr new one and if it is , is it supplied with fuse settings which define internal rc oscillator as clock source ? If so you should need to lower stk500 frequency to reach programming fuses. ISP communication frequency should be less than cpu clock .
i dont remember exact numbers - try find it from stk ug.

i did that where i put stk500 osc freq at around 3.6Mhz and the isp freq at around 460khz thats much lesser than 1/5 of stk500 as a thumb rule but still no luck

even in high voltage serial programming i erased the chip and reprogrammed the fuses and lock bits but they are not taking effect

The ISP clock frequency should be 1/16 of the oscillator frequency i.e. it should be 225 KHz for 3.6 MHz crystal.

hi artem ,

again one problem,, it was working fine unless i receive five new samples of atmega32l now to my dismay the samples come with fuse settings that is external crystal with highest startup time that is cksel 1111 and sut 11 .now my micro is not willing to go into the programming mode..
Ps tell me some way by which i could move the fuse settings to the defaul value i.e internal clock of 1mhz
is this right that we can override the fuse settings and change them accordingly by using parallel programming

waiting for your reply

Drive to XTAL1 about 100kHz generator it will unlock AT32

Bazi13 said:
Drive to XTAL1 about 100kHz generator it will unlock AT32
Do you mean it will break the code protection lock ?? 8O

if I understand good, He latch the uC, when U can't get to fuses and uC doesn't respond U can bring it alive by connect to XTAL1 signal gen. for e.g. made on NE555 then uC should respond, and U can change fuse bits.
Internal --> CKSEL0 = 1, CKSEL(1..3) = 0, SUT0 = 0, SUT1 = 1
external --> CKSEL0 = 1, CKSEL(1..3) = 1, SUT0 = 0, SUT1 = 1
I have been using AT32 on that configs. AT32L is almost the same, main diference is in external clock(in AT32L, max 8MHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.