Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmega 16L programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxbrain

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can anyone help me find a programmer schematic for atmel microcontrollers specially atmega 16L.
i prefer an usb programmer.
thanks
best regards..................

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

i forgot to tell u that my o.s on my computer is windows 7.

Yes..the Popular USBasp is now available with a driver compatible for Windows Vista and Win7 too.
With a bit modification to the firmware, it can also be used to program Atmel 89Sxx chips.
Have a look at this thread where we have discussions about the USB ASP
Cheers

Cheers

thank u for yr help but i have some questions:
Firstly for fischl.de - USBasp - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers circuit:
1- the atmega 48or8 i saw the firmware but what program should i use to put it (firmware) in the atmega 48?what software should i use and is it the connection to the pc to do that?
2- where should i connect the microcontroller that i want to program
3-what about the jumpers?:when should i put them?
hope to here from u and thank u.
Secondly I've seen another avr usb programmer it's on this site:
tuxgraphics.org: 07052, AvrUsb500v2 -- an open source Atmel AVR Programmer, stk500 V2 compatible, with USB interface
but the question is how should i put the firmware on the micro atmega 8?
Finally the programmer using 8051 looks ok i may try it

thanks to all..............

hi

tuxgraphics.org: 07052, AvrUsb500v2 -- an open source Atmel AVR Programmer, stk500 V2 compatible, with USB interface
but the question is how should i put the firmware on the micro atmega 8?

if you read the whole page of your link it is clear that you won't require a programmer to put firmware on the atmega8.

hi
i read my link many times but i still don't see the way on how to but the firmware on to atmega 8:
they said:{ For this purpose the connections between the MOSI, SCK, MISO pins and the ftdi chip are needed.}
do they mean to use another microcontroller on conn3 on the diagram?or what?
i'm just a beginner,so could u please help me for this in details....
thank u in advance

hi but i still don't see the way on how to but the firmware on to atmega 8
try this **broken link removed**
it is a simple transistor circuit. just the kind for programming the first programmer.

@foxbrain
The USB asp programmer is a tried and trusted programmer. ATMega48 or ATmega8 either one may be used as a firmware chip and two different firmware .Hex files may be found for each of the same. You need to program the firmware given in respective device with given fuse settings and when programmed, your Programmer is ready to be used when installed with a driver which you'll find in the download package. The Target chip which is to be programmed, is to be conected to the MISO, Mosi, CLk, Vcc and GND pins marked on the connector.

Have a look at this thread where we have discussions about the USB ASP as it may be modified to program 89Sxx chips too.

Cheers
Thaz it..Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.