Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ata host controller's problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenbintom

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I come up against same problem on this forum in my design, that is
"when design ATA host , i met with the problem:after hardware reset, power on or software reset, the host designed by me , has red the value from the registers such as status register, LBA low register , LBA High register LBA mid register, or Device register in ATA hard disk(MAXTOR 250G). To my surprise, the values are the same: 0xFF7F."
I want to know how solve the problem, if you know it, please tell me. thanks.

Re: ata controller's problem

now, I read the status register is 0x7e after power on or reset protocol. It show no busy and no error. but DRQ flag is 1, I can not do next step as a command or data to register. now I need excute a command??? help me, thanks..

who know init of IDE HDD device? tell me, thanks!!

Now, I can read or write all registers, the only problem is how to init the HDD device, who know experience about that. please tell me?? thanks...

The DF(device fault) bit in status register is 1 after a read or write command. do you have experience about it? the protocol show me the control steps, but don't show me the init step..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back