Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

At90usb can send analogue to usb without RT-232?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decapitary

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an ECG signal(analogue). I used atmega16 and RT-232RL to send it to USB port of my PC but I heard AT90USB series can do both.Any can help me which one is better?

Yes AT90USB can communicate with PC and can be used to send your ECG data to PC. There is no need of FT232RL when AT90USB is used. AT90USB can be used with HID and CDC communication but you have to write USB code for AT90USB chip.

The question is if you have time to learn the USB related hard- and software topics. If you have a known working design example and development kit, it may be quite easy to proceed from there.

Many years ago, I had the "pleasure" to debug an erroneously designed AT90USB development kit (insufficient bypassing caused occasional USB PLL loose of lock). I presume that your project would most likely fail if you are stuck with a similar problem.

The question is if you have time to learn the USB related hard- and software topics. If you have a known working design example and development kit, it may be quite easy to proceed from there.

Many years ago, I had the "pleasure" to debug an erroneously designed AT90USB development kit (insufficient bypassing caused occasional USB PLL loose of lock). I presume that your project would most likely fail if you are stuck with a similar problem.

My problem is Atmega16 + FT232RL Make my kit bigger than I want to.I just need a smaller version and can be processed by ECG softwares.I think if I wont use intrupt I will succeed it

- - - Updated - - -

Yes AT90USB can communicate with PC and can be used to send your ECG data to PC. There is no need of FT232RL when AT90USB is used. AT90USB can be used with HID and CDC communication but you have to write USB code for AT90USB chip.

You have Worked similar Project before?Can I see your code?You think it will do the same for EEG and EMG?

You have Worked similar Project before?Can I see your code?You think it will do the same for EEG and EMG?

No, I have not used AT90USB. I have many ATMEGA32U4 and AT90USB dongles. They use USB HID communication. I have done USB HID project with PIC18F4550 and mikroC PRO PIC compiler. mikroC Compiler have built in ready to use USB HID libraries. I rarely use AVR micros. I mainly use PIC micros. If you use mikroC AVR Compiler then you can easily do USB HID with AT90USB as they have ready to use free USB HID libraries.

- - - Updated - - -

You think it will do the same for EEG and EMG?

I guess you use ADC of AT90USB to capture the ECG, EMG or EEG. The data is stored in digital form inside AT90USB's eeprom or external eeprom or SD Card. You can send this digital data (bytes) to PC for further processing or graph plotting using its USB port (HID communication). If you can design the EEG, ECG, or EMG using AT90USB then I can help in writing code using mikroC AVR Compiler as it has built-in USB HID library.

No, I have not used AT90USB. I have many ATMEGA32U4 and AT90USB dongles. They use USB HID communication. I have done USB HID project with PIC18F4550 and mikroC PRO PIC compiler. mikroC Compiler have built in ready to use USB HID libraries. I rarely use AVR micros. I mainly use PIC micros. If you use mikroC AVR Compiler then you can easily do USB HID with AT90USB as they have ready to use free USB HID libraries.

I havent Used PIC before.I Think PIC18F4550 Will do my work.But I need more Infromation about Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.