Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89s53 ISP fuse disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakkaito

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how isp works s52

i've just buy a new at89s53 micro, but somehow i can't erase or write my program into it via isp programmer, all i can do is read it, and it happened on my at89s8252 too.

my assumption is that the isp fuse is going to disabled (even on datasheet they said that default condition is enabled). my question,

is it possible to disable the fuse on isp programming mode, coz i never use the parallel method and my micro fuse is going to disabled, and i just want to know how?

i want to program the micro using isp mode, how to avoid the fuse change into disable condition?

is there another way to re-enable the fuse beside parallel method?

a lot of thanx b4
:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

programas isp at89s53

Strangely enough, the fuses *can* be written using ISP, so the chip *can* commit "ISP suicide". However, If you can *read* the content of flash, it's not the ISP-disable-fuse, but the write-disable lockbit, which should not prevent ISP-fullerase.

Now the question is, whether you are sure you *can* read the chip via ISP, i.e. if it does respond to the ISP commands properly.

JW

ponyprog 89s53

what kind of programmer are you using? I'll bet it's a parallel port ISP programmer.
are you able to program other devices with this programmer?

Lots of problems with these programmers, best to buy or build one that works from serial port or USB port.

89s53 isp serial

generally when seeking clarification , the details of background and the make and type of equipment used may have to be indicated.

How ever, Freakkaito may try out a programmer like the one used at www.ikalogic.com/isp.php especially with the board designed by khiserNaeem.

you may have to register first for getting the downloads. the driver software is also over there.
Sarma

isp at89s53

yes i used parallel port isp programmer, the software are ponyprog and isp-programmer by khisernaeem.

when i used the programmer to programm at89s51 and s52 it's work properly, there's no something strange. but when i put at89s8252 or s53 all i can do just read hiks hiks.....

there's one thing that i forgot , i can write the micro but only with FFh ,only FFh it's mean empty data.

89s8252 enable isp fuse

freakkaito said:
yes i used parallel port isp programmer, the software are ponyprog and isp-programmer by khisernaeem.

when i used the programmer to programm at89s51 and s52 it's work properly, there's no something strange. but when i put at89s8252 or s53 all i can do just read hiks hiks.....

there's one thing that i forgot , i can write the micro but only with FFh ,only FFh it's mean empty data.

see whether s8252 and s63 are wired properly and as per the datasheet suggestions.
many a time we forget to put a 0.1µF disc cap close to the Vdd and Vss pins. similarly the data is to be programmed at a speed equal to less than 1/16th of the crystal used in the programmer, across the chip oscillator.

In most cases , failures were observed only with noisy 5V supply and too long cable wires from the prgraming adopter.
then the signals buffering chip can better be 74HCxx instead of 74LSxx. there can also be a 0.1µF across pins Vcc and Ground of the buffer chip.

hope these precautions are taken and checked for certainity. one should be able to program s53 and s8252.
Sarma

freakkaito

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
89s5x parallel port

freakkaito said:

What is the program (khisernaeem) you are using to program the device?
does the software support 89S53 and 89S8252?

Are you aware that these devices are programmed entirely different than the 89S5X devices?

ctownsend said:
freakkaito said:

What is the program (khisernaeem) you are using to program the device?
does the software support 89S53 and 89S8252?

Are you aware that these devices are programmed entirely different than the 89S5X devices?

It is a version of pcb layout by khazer naeem. the programming driver is by adam dybkosky and thw whole things is isp programmer located a www.ikalogic.com/isp.php

Sarma

thank's dude for the reply, but i've found the problem. i realized that my micro isp turning off after i put it into my friend standalone programmer.

have you ever read datasheet errata for at89s53 and at89s8252 ? Atmel said that after reset high there's a glitch on sck that make any serial programming operation fails. and the solution is errase it in parallel mode.

bad luck for me, my friend's stand alone programmer doesn't know about that and with his inocent face he gave me his big stupid smile

freakkaito said:
thank's dude for the reply, but i've found the problem. i realized that my micro isp turning off after i put it into my friend standalone programmer.

have you ever read datasheet errata for at89s53 and at89s8252 ? Atmel said that after reset high there's a glitch on sck that make any serial programming operation fails. and the solution is errase it in parallel mode.

bad luck for me, my friend's stand alone programmer doesn't know about that and with his inocent face he gave me his big stupid smile
Thanks for the input and I shall study and be back freakkaito.

Sarma

Please tell me the place in hyderabad where to buy the IC AT89353. I searched in gujarati gully but did not find that IC. So please tell me the place and reply to my mail ID as given below.

vadapalli.siddhartha@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.