Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89s52 Serial programmer with PiC 16F84?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tércio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody.

I want build a serial programmer AT89s52, and i found a lot of this. The problem is my laptop that have just a USB ports and, i found programmers that use other mcu in circuit, like this: **broken link removed**.

But, how can i build this, if i can not programmer the master mcu?!

So, i am looking for serial programmer that use other device, specifically a PIC 16F84 ( for this i found a programmer circuit that i can build ) or, other alternative, a serial programmer that not use other mcu in circuit.

Can you help me?

10x ;-)

p.s: i have a USB-RS232 converter.

There are lot of programmers designed for parallel port with no mcu (only logic ic) available on the net. You can use such programmer for programming your firmware chip.

USB-RS232 converter will not support any serial port based circuits. Any way you should find a pc with serial or parallel port

Nandhu

Tércio said:
But, how can i build this, if i can not programmer the master mcu?!
You may find some friends or some educational institutes, or any Component vendor who can program the Firmware chip for you...Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.