AT89C2051 programming with Arduino UNO !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnutOlafson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

I have two pieces of AT89C2051 which I would like to put somewhere (timer or something) but I don't have programmer for that mcu. In further, I don't want to spent big money on bying or building programmer for it... but looking for workaround....

As far as I can see, software for Arduino (at the moment I have Arduino UNO R3) has "Parallel programming" option, which is only option to program mcu like AT89C2051.

Problem is that AT89C requires 12V for programming and Arduino does not has this.

Has anyone tried to use Arduino for programming such mcu like AT89 and if it possible how to do that? How to pump-up that signal level and what else is needed....?

Thank you.

Knut

AT89C2051 cannot be programmed without 12v. And I don't see arduino have such facility. I never worked with arduino, but I guess they are meant for programming only ATmega series mcu's.... You can try this low cost simple programmer Blowit, only meant for AT89C2051 and its near derivatives. I had built this and it works fine. You should have a parallel printer port (DB25).

https://www.edaboard.com/blog/1805/

Yes, it is possible. AFAIk there is no such work done.

It takes too much time and effort for a beginner..
If you have enough time and try to learn some thing, you can try it out..

why don't you make this programmer **broken link removed**

Le'ts forget at the moment that I have told that I should avoid any long term development on basis of this AT89C...and whould not build "real" programmer for it...

This programmer, It seams not complicated, since I have two pieces of AT89C2051, one for programmer and other to be programmed and used somewhere. But... one question, how to programm one AT89C2051 that will has writter.hex in it, not having programmer... ? )

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is possible. AFAIk there is no such work done.

It takes too much time and effort for a beginner..
If you have enough time and try to learn some thing, you can try it out..

Just one question - if I understand well this programmer from above link (@santoshaxl) and looking of datasheet of AT89C2051 - this mcu requires 12V only on RST pin, other pins work on HIGH/LOW level of maximum 5V !?

The idea is just this - to mix above programmer and Arudiono board. I assume, I can remove above AT89C from programmer and use Arduino instead. After that problem is programming software ...

Am I correct ?

Just one question - if I understand well this programmer from above link (@santoshaxl) and looking of datasheet of AT89C2051 - this mcu requires 12V only on RST pin, other pins work on HIGH/LOW level of maximum 5V !?

Yes, only reset pin of 2051 requires 12v, others operate in 5v

The idea is just this - to mix above programmer and Arudiono board. I assume, I can remove above AT89C from programmer and use Arduino instead. After that problem is programming software ...

Am I correct ?

Yes, it must be the simplest way. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.