Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT command to send SMS email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Phil

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lg phone sms command

I am working on a Bluetooth/GPS/MCU board that will send the GPS location to the cell phone by way of bluetooth, then have the phone send SMS message. In my testing, it works fine if I want to send the information as a SMS message to another cell phone. But, on my LG phone, I can type in an email address and send the message to an email receipient. I have not been able to determine the AT commands to send the message to an email instead of a phone number. I have tried all obvious syntaxes and found a few examples on the web, but none have worked. Can anyone help?

The MCU Tx and Rx are tied to a Roving Networks RN-41 bluetooth module.
http://www.rovingnetworks.com/modules.htm
The module has its own built in bluetooth stack via AT commands.
Once the MCU is connected to the RN-41, I can put it into either command mode, or data mode. I can search for other bluetooth devices such as the phone, and connect to them. Once connected to the phone, I can send it AT commands to send a SMS. But I would like to send the SMS to an email address instead of another phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.